Assistant Controller for the Shared Services Team.
Our team has grown significantly in the last 3 years adding insurance agencies across the United States. The Shared Services Team was established to support the growth of the agencies by taking on many of the administrative tasks associated with running a business.
A Successful Assistant Controller will maintain a Lead-by-Example Management style, execute Accounting Transactions with accuracy and speed, and provide elite Customer Service to agencies as they seek guidance from the Shared Services Leadership team.
- Manage a team of Accountants that recently transitioned from public firms to the private industry.
- Provide leadership as the company continues to grow through acquisition and organic growth strategies.
- Improve processes and streamline procedures of acquired agencies.
- Work through ambiguity while providing guidance and structure.
- Ensures team’s activities and reports are in compliance with accounting principles and adhere with company policies.
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team.
- Manage accounting activities towards accurate and timely reporting of our company’s financials and close process in accordance with US GAAP standards, regulatory guidelines and company procedures.
- Perform daily accounting operations, including cash management, revenue reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll processing, and monthly close process.
- Accurately reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts. Investigate and follow up as needed.
- Prepare and present balance sheet and income statement variance analyses.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit.
- Support external tax firm with state and federal returns and compliance.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships with agencies to ensure positive interactions, resolutions, and outcomes of inquiries and issues.
- Works in collaboration with other departments to identified changes to improve processes.
- Responsible for results of outsourcing provider work product, business results and compliance.
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple agencies, work, and deadlines.
- Foster and build opportunities for our agencies, communities, and people.
- Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of our agencies organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, CPA is helpful.
- 5 years in accounting with the most recent 1-2 years in management/leadership.
- Experience in a growing organization during a time of rapid expansion.
- Public accounting firm experience, specifically with a focus in supporting an insurance broker / consolidation industry, would be superior.
- Expert level General Ledger Knowledge.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Proven background in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- A competitive total benefits package plus 401K with a growing organization.
- Salary range $130-150K/Annual/Salary Exempt – commensurate with experience.
- Reports to the Controller.
Only offered to experienced accounting candidates that have 2+ years of management level experience within the insurance broker / consolidation industry. Otherwise, candidates local to Utah will be sourced exclusively.
Remote work is allowed during COVID, with regular travel to the office.
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.