The Senior Corporate Governance Counsel will join the Customer Development team to support companies as they prepare to list on the stock exchange. This individual will have the opportunity to apply legal rigor and creativity to helping the General Counsel and broader executive teams at private and public companies to draft policies that comply with the Exchange’s requirements. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys problem-solving, working with a variety of stakeholders across a diverse group of companies, and who appreciates seeing their work put into action.
- Collaborative and can work closely to build trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders through cross-functional partnerships.
- Commercially savvy with an ability to discern business needs while exercising discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information.
- Aligned with the company’s mission and excited about impacting the long-term success of companies through strategic governance.
- Eager to leverage your legal experience within an entrepreneurial customer development environment to impact many companies.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Substantial practical legal expertise driven by execution experience with corporate governance, shareholder proposals, and capital markets transactions.
- Experience drafting company disclosures and policies while working in-house, directly with a General Counsel.
- Flexibility to work with customers across different stages and experience levels, including General Counsels and senior executive teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, incurable optimism, and a startup mindset. This is an opportunity to build new processes and to uncover new ways to support our customers.
- A strong foundational knowledge of corporate governance and securities law.
Nice to haves:
- IPO and/or equity capital markets experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills supported by any publicly available collateral (blog posts, white papers, interviews, etc.).
- People. Work in a mission-based company with skilled, committed, and supportive teammates who share your desire to create a new kind of public market, and have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- A commitment to a sustainable work environment, including an unlimited vacation policy that requires team members take a minimum of three weeks vacation per year.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Computer and home office setup.
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.