About the Role
As our Senior Data Engineer, you will help to grow our Data Services team focused on business intelligence, and play a leading role on our Analytics Infrastructure team. You’ll architect, design and develop a foundational, strategic vision for how we can continue to scale our world-class data environment and make our data accessible and digestible for reporting and analysis across the company. You’ll collaborate with our Analytics and Infrastructure teams to manage and own our data warehouse used by hundreds across the company to drive reporting and analysis. Over time you will implement a portfolio of tools that empower analysts across the company to analyze and enrich our terabytes of data about our customers and pros. We’re looking for a skilled data engineer and leader who can blend deep technical understanding with a bias for action and a strong sense of collaboration.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across the company, and define and execute on a roadmap to achieve that vision
- Design, architect, and maintain a data warehouse that supports a rapidly evolving product, in partnership with our stellar analytics and data services teams
- Define, document and socialize foundational aspects of our reporting and analytical data model
- Build and own the reporting pipelines and infrastructure that organize and structure our terabytes of data into digestible tables that empower analysis and reporting across the company
- Drive data quality across key product and business areas
- Collaborate closely with analysts to ensure our analytical infrastructure helps meet our company goals and allows product development to move fast
- Partner with data services and product engineering teams to ensure consistent, seamless tracking and measurement of key company and product metrics
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6 or more years of experience working in data or backend engineering, where your primary focus was on datastores and business intelligence, serving analysis and reporting functions
- Experience building ETL data pipelines in a programming language like Python or Scala
- Experience designing, architecting, and maintaining a data warehouse that seamlessly stitches together data from production databases, clickstream event data, and external APIs to serve teams of analysts
- Experience being a project manager across a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Excellent ability to understand the needs of and collaborate with stakeholders in other functions, especially the Analytics team
- Experience managing or leading a data engineering team
- Experience in an online marketplace or similar consumer technology company
- Experience with a modern public cloud-based tech stack on AWS/GCP and the Google BigQuery data environment
- Experience orchestrating data pipelines that serve hourly or daily metric reporting in Airflow
- Experience with streaming or near-real time data pipelines
- Experience building data pipelines in Scala
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.