About the Role
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help to grow our Data Services team focused on business intelligence, and play a leading role on our Analytics Infrastructure team. You’ll architect, design and develop a foundational, strategic vision for how we can continue to scale our world-class data environment and make our data accessible and digestible for reporting and analysis across the company. You’ll collaborate with our Analytics and Infrastructure teams to manage and own our data warehouse used by hundreds across the company to drive reporting and analysis.
Remote 100% in certain US states!
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across the company, and define and execute on a roadmap to achieve that vision
- Design, architect, and maintain a data warehouse that supports a rapidly evolving product, in partnership with our stellar analytics and data services teams
- Define, document and socialize foundational aspects of our reporting and analytical data model
- Build and own the reporting pipelines that organize and structure our terabytes of data into digestible tables that empower analysis and reporting across the company
- Drive data quality across key product and business areas
- Collaborate closely with analysts and engineers to ensure our analytics infrastructure helps meet company goals and allows product development to move quickly
- Partner with data services and product engineering teams to ensure consistent, seamless tracking and measurement of key company and product metrics
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4 or more years of experience working in data or backend engineering, where your primary focus was on datastores and business intelligence, serving analysis and reporting functions
- Experience building ETL data pipelines in a programming language like Python or Scala
- Significant experience with SQL for analytics/reporting/business intelligence, including comprehension of query execution plans, and query tuning/optimization
- Experience designing, architecting, and maintaining a data warehouse that seamlessly stitches together data from production databases, clickstream event data, and external APIs to serve teams of analysts
- Excellent ability to understand the needs of and collaborate with stakeholders in other functions, especially an Analytics team
- Experience using and/or configuring Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Mode, Looker, et al.)
- Experience in an online marketplace or similar consumer technology company
- Experience orchestrating data pipelines that serve hourly or daily metric reporting in Airflow
- Experience building data pipelines in Scala
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.