We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves working on streaming technologies to join our team and help build our growing portfolio of products that enable a consumer to enjoy content that they can co-create with the creators through our platform. In this role, you’ll work with a high-energy, cross-functional team, which will include other developers, product managers, and designers to perfect the viewing and community engagement experience for viewers of TV shows and movies across all Angel Studios web, mobile, and TV apps.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you’re wrong, learn from your mistakes and move past them.
- Enjoy crafting beautiful streaming experiences that compete or exceed quality, availability, and performance expected by the most demanding customers globally.
- Are curious about the evolution of technology and are constantly seeking to improve your craft by taking advantage of the advances made in the field.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve, learn and grow.
- Enjoy working with people and empowering everyone to do the best work of their life by ensuring they can leverage technology to serve them.
We would love to work with you if:
- You are a Software Engineer who has deep applied experience creating diverse streaming media container formats, transmuxing, and industry standard streaming protocols such as DASH, HLS, and CMAF
- Strong knowledge with modern codecs (H.264/H.265, VP9, AV1, common audio codecs) and general principles of media compression and streaming
- Experience writing or modifying video players on multiple platforms, including mobile and TV devices (Exoplayer, AVPlayer, etc)
- Understanding of HTML5 Video and Media Source Extensions for web browsers
- Experience in optimizing and scaling video apps and services
- Working knowledge and application of content delivery networks and network load balancing
- Knowledge of proven media-based UX practices and data metrics for tracking video quality and streaming performance
- You are passionate about careful design & architectural planning that lead to code and pipelines that are future-proof and maintainable.
- You enjoy the challenge and opportunity to lead and improve the development experience at Angel Studios by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and code structure.
- You are proactive and detail oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and evolving requirements.
Perks at Angel:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Option equity package
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents (US employees)
- Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance paid for employee, with option of additional AD&D insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401(k) investment opportunity
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Remote work opportunities
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.