The Senior Exchange Software Engineer will lead development of core components of the Stock Exchange Software Platform ranging from Matching Engine to the FIX Gateways to SIP connectivity with high familiarity of the performance profiles and best development practices. This individual will be joining a small team and have the opportunity to establish efficient processes that enforce accountability and well-oiled collaboration. This is a great opportunity to have lasting impact on a project central to the company’s operation.
- Experienced coding in Java and understand the performance characteristics that are key for high-throughput applications.
- Proficient at multithreading and performance-oriented programming.
- Looking to continuously grow in an environment that allows for experimentation and learning.
- Adept with clearing, trading, and/or managing risk.
- Excited about all stages of the product life cycle including design, experimentation, implementation, testing, release, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance and iteration.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience working on software serving the financial industry specifically Securities Exchange or a member firm that interfaces with an Exchange.
- A deep understanding of how data flows through a Securities Exchange and the performance characteristics of an Exchange Platform.
- Exposure to sending and/or managing orders sent to or received from a securities exchange.
Nice to haves:
- A strong preference for simplicity, readability and maintainability over cleverness.
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan.
- You already embrace Lean Startup methodology, experimentation and feedback-oriented development.
- You have aesthetic preferences for code and want to be part of a small team devoted to evolving quality software together.
- People. Work in a mission-based company with skilled, committed, and supportive teammates who share your desire to create a new kind of public market, and have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- A commitment to a sustainable work environment, including an unlimited vacation policy that requires team members take a minimum of three weeks vacation per year.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Computer and home office setup.
Our client is committed to championing the inclusion of women and underrepresented employees at the earliest stages of the company’s life. We believe that inclusion is a team effort, and every team member is expected to participate in building a welcoming and representative culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We enthusiastically work to make our application and interview processes accessible for candidates with disabilities.
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.