- We are open to full-time remote employees based in North America
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our Product Engineering team, you will help to build new customer experiences around the search, exploration, and analysis of image, video, and unstructured data. This involves working on novel search interfaces which make powerful capabilities discoverable, as well as building intuitive experiences for interacting with machine learning predictions in facial recognition and text extraction.
- Working closely with customers, design, and product management to develop new features for processing, analysis, and visualization of image and video data
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews, unit testing, and continuous refactoring
- Participating in design discussions for entirely new areas of the product
- Enabling users to efficiently gain more accurate insights, increasing their day-to-day efficiency
- Developing a culture around user-centric product engineering
What we’re looking for
- Professional full-stack development experience in web applications
- Interest in iterating quickly on the product based on customer feedback
- Experience shipping software in a production environment
- Attention to detail and care for providing the highest quality of user experience
- Familiarity with React or Typescript is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
About the Role
As a Staff Front End Engineer, you’ll focus on bringing the Company vision to life. You’ll collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building exciting new user experiences, optimizing website performance to make our pages blazingly fast, or researching new technologies to improve our frontend stack.
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to create useful and polished user experiences.
- Write incredible new components using React, Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, and Typescript.
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them.
- Mentor a growing team of multidisciplinary engineers on FE standards and best-practices.
- Participate in a culture that values thoughtful code reviews and frequent deploys.
- Mentor others less experienced with frontend technologies
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of industry experience in web development
- A deep understanding of JS beyond libraries or frameworks (i.e. not just React)
- A familiarity with robust FE tooling to support our growing team
- You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products.
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts.
- You love delivering value to your users and your teammates through your work.
- An appreciation for good design, and the desire to translate visual ideas into working, beautiful code
- SEO/SEM experience
- A love of writing documentation and tests to keep your code maintainable for years to come
- Detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5
- You’ve owned and driven the development of complex projects or feature areas over the course of several months or years.
- You’ve demonstrated your ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Click above to apply now to this role. A window will open for our chat bot (beta) to detail some of the requirements and share some details with you. If you would like to proceed, you will be able to immediately book an interview. If you have problems or questions, click the chat bubble in the lower corner of this page.